Thank you for your group tour reservation. Below are details you will want to know about your rappelling trip.
You can also find more details about your tour at the Frequently Asked Questions page. Please make sure you understand:
- The age/weight restrictions
- The cancellation window
- Where/when to meet your guides
- How weather and water conditions may affect your tour
- That each member of your party must sign the Participation Form that was emailed to you before the tour date. (Minor’s form is signed by a parent.)
Here’s more about what to expect and how to prepare for your tour:
What to bring: Cloth mask (not paper), towel, reef safe waterproof sunscreen, a change of clothes.
What to wear: Wear something easy for you to move in, that can get wet and muddy. For example: surf shorts/swim trunks, yoga pants, leggings or quick-drying pants and a quick-drying shirt or rash guard. No bikini bottoms or shorts shorter than mid-thigh. Whatever you wear will get wet, so bring another set of clothes to change into at the end of the trip. Because the stream water is chilly, we suggest bringing a jacket or sweat shirt for later, or a wetsuit top to wear during the tour, especially during the winter. Your small personal items (phones, money) can be kept in waterproof kegs we provide. It’s possible for containers to leak, so you may opt to keep electronics locked at base camp during your tour. We recommend leaving large or valuable items and jewelry at your hotel/accommodations.
What’s provided: Hand sanitizer, snacks, bottled water, all your gear, including helmet, flotation vest, backpack with sealable bag and dry keg, and shoes. We give you felt-soled water shoes that you can hike, rappel and swim in. You will walk in your own shoes a short distance from the parking area to the gear shed on a dirt or gravel road, which may be wet or muddy.
Where/when to meet: The Garden of Eden Arboretum at 10600 Hana Highway Haiku, HI 96708, located on the Hana Highway between mile markers 10 and 11. Google map. Allow approximately 1.25 hours from most Kihei/Wailea locations, approximately 1.5 hours from most Kaanapali/Lahaina locations, 1.75 hours from Kapalua/Napili in normal traffic. Arrive at the front gate of the Garden of Eden a few minutes prior to the tour time on your confirmation, as there may be a line at the entrance. Once you’ve arrived at the Garden of Eden, tell the gate attendant that you’re a Rappel Maui guest. Follow directions to the Rappel Maui designated parking lot. Your guide will meet you there.
Restrictions and Considerations
- Children under 18 years are welcome when accompanied by a responsible adult. The minimum age is 10 years old for the Classic Tour and 14 years old for the Extended Zip Rappel Tour.
- Our harnesses will fit waist sizes from 22 to 48 inches. Guests must weigh a minimum of 70 lbs and a maximum of 250 lbs for the Classic Tour and a minimum of 90 lbs and a maximum of 230 lbs for the Extended Tour. We will weigh each guest before the tour and take guest temperatures with a touchless thermometer; all guests on the course must meet all the restrictions.
- We must receive your e-signed participation form before the tour. One for each participant is sent to you separately via email. You can also download the form here, print and sign the form, and email or text a picture of each signed form tot the reservations office.
If you cancel 48 hours or more prior to your scheduled event, you receive a full refund less a 10% cancellation/transaction fee. If you cancel within 48 hours of your tour time, you will receive no refund, unless we can replace you, or unless your cancellation is due to COVID-19 related changes in travel plans, or if a member of your party becomes ill. If Rappel Maui cancels, you receive a full 100% refund. If you booked your tour with an activity agent, concierge, or a vendor like TripAdvisor or Expedia, please contact the agency first to ask about the cancellation window.
RAIN or SHINE, we go to the rainforest. Weather and waterfalls are naturally occurring phenomena; stream levels can change rapidly at any time before, during or after your tour. If the streams flood due to rain, the falls are roaring or swollen, and the valley is alive with high or swift water activity. If water levels are higher than normal, we rappel next to the waterfalls. If the valley is flooding, we use cliffside rappels that are a safe distance from the water course.
Cellular reception past the town of Paia is unreliable. Please call 808-270-1500 before reaching Paia if you have questions. Call anytime if you think you are running late.
Please note that your tour time is the time at which your guides meet you at the activity site reception/parking lot area. (We do not meet guests at our offices in Kahului.) Guides leave the reception/parking area at the activity site promptly at the tour time to begin the tour. Garden of Eden employees cannot assist guests who arrive late.
If you would like to tip your guides, you can do so at the end of your tour with cash, or you can send a gratuity online or over the phone with a credit card. For private tours, we automatically add a gratuity of $250 per guide group.