This award-winning "walk on the wild side" is Maui’s boldest and most genuine adventure. You'll go RAPPELLING down waterfalls and jungle walls into the private rainforest canyon featured in Steven Spielberg's Jurassic Park.
We'll provide you with comfortable transportation from central Maui to the rappel site, a privately-owned property located an hour down the famous Hana Highway.
$228.12 per person (includes tax)
How it Works:
- Drive half the famous Hana Highway with our skillful and knowledgeable guides.
- Destination: a 30-acre botanical garden where you gear up like a pro in top-rated professional equipment including footwear, harness, backpack with dry keg, flotation jacket and helmet.
- Hike a short distance under a rainforest canopy on private valley trails.
- After briefing and demonstration from your guides, you'll train to use your harness and rope on a ridge overlooking the valley. Bring your camera!
- Practice your moves on a 60-foot dry rappel down a jungle wall - this is where you'll find your inner canyoneer.
- Take a 50-foot waterfall rappel into a large, natural pool. There's a short swim to edge, where there are places to rest and take photos.
- Descend the 30-foot waterfall, also with a short swim at the bottom.
- If long periods of heavy rains or severe weather cause high or swift water, we do alternate rappels a safe distance from the water course. High water days are often thrilling, as the sights and sounds of the roaring falls are quite spectacular.
- The hike back to the top is a well-maintained trail under a cool canopy of plants, ferns and trees. Use the anchored ropes as handrailings, and stop to rest, take photos and drink water when necessary. You'll do a total of 1/2 mile of hiking with an elevation gain of about 300 feet.
All participants must weigh between 70 lbs. and 250 lbs, with a waist measurement between 22 and 48 inches.
Four tours daily, based on availability. See the directions and map to the meeting location.