Ready to mix up quiet time on the beach with something completely different? Want to "level up?" If you have a bigger appetite for things to do on Maui, or you love the thrill of pushing the envelope a little farther, the Extended Zip Rappel Tour may be for you. And if you're a Rappel Maui alumnus who wants to tweak the vacation tradition of a day on the ropes, we developed the Extended Zip Rappel Tour format just for you. Take the Classic action to new extremes with this fun and exciting twist on a day in the Maui rainforest.
This extended tour is a 7 1/2 to 8-hour experience (including transportation) with as many as 4 advanced drops of up to 110 feet, including waterfall rappels and a "zip rappel" or "guided rappel" through free space, past a waterfall, that ends with an exhilarating water landing. Scroll down for a complete summary.Operates a Maximum of 3 Days Per Week
$290.63 per person (includes tax)
Please make special note of the requirements and special considerations for this tour.
Looking for extras and goodies? Show off your bragging rights with a Rappel Maui iron-on merit badge, a tee shirt or a photo album of high resolution images shot by a professional photographer. Ask an agent for information on how to add extras to your reservation or browse offerings at the shop.
Looking for a last-minute deal or discount code? Check out the latest special offer.
Here's A Summary:
- Hike a short distance on private rainforest valley trails to a 50-foot waterfall.
- After briefing and demonstration from your guides, you'll practice your technique down a 40- to 50-foot descent that you can repeat.
- Take a guided rappel off the edge of a 50-foot waterfall cliff, and then a "zip" through free space 80 feet across the canyon over the water with a "splash down" into a deep pool.
- Rappel another waterfall, then take on a 35-foot rock climb up the face of the falls (weather and water permitting.)
- Finish big with a 110-foot dry rappel down the "Savage Ridge," or repeat the zip rappel, depending on conditions.
- If long periods of heavy rains or severe weather cause high or swift water or raging falls, we modify the itinerary and use rappel stations that are a safe distance from the water course.
- The hike back to the top is a well-maintained trail under a cool canopy of plants, ferns and trees. Use the anchored ropes as handrailings, and stop to rest, take photos and drink water when necessary. You'll do a total of one mile of hiking with a total elevation gain of about 400 feet.
Special Considerations & Restrictions
This activity is intended for participants who are physically fit and are experienced in rugged activities. Please note minimum age of 14; not recommended for those over 65.
Participants must weight between 90 lbs and 230 lbs. Call to ask about the demands of the activity relative to your age, fitness or abilities. Rappel Maui may refuse to honor bookings at tour time if participants are in any way unfit for the activity.
Three tours weekly; subject to availability. See the directions and map to the meeting location. Ask about hotel/resort pickup.