The Extended Zip Rappel Tour: More is Better
Ready to mix up quiet time on the beach with something completely different? Want to “level up?” The Extended Zip Rappel Tour is for those who have a bigger appetite for the Maui outdoors. Love the thrill of pushing the envelope a little farther? The Extended Zip Rappel Tour may be your thing. And if you’re a Rappel Maui alumnus who wants to tweak the vacation tradition of a day in the canyon, we developed the Extended Zip Rappel Tour format just for you. Take the Classic action to new extremes with this fun and exciting twist on a day in the Maui rainforest.
The Extended Zip Rappel Tour is a 4 to 4 1/2 -hour experience with as many as 4 drops of up to 110 feet, including waterfall rappels and a “zip rappel” or “guided rappel” through free space, past a waterfall, that ends with an exhilarating water landing. Participants can also opt in to try some harnessed climbing up the face of the 30-foot waterfall wall. Scroll down for a complete summary. The Extended Zip Rappel Tour operates a maximum of 3 Days Per Week
$259.37 per person (includes tax)
Please make special note of the requirements and special considerations for this tour.
Looking for extras and goodies? Extended Zip Rappel Tour alumni can show off their bragging rights with a Rappel Maui iron-on badge or branded tee shirt. Ask an agent or your guides for information on how to add extras to your reservation. You can also browse offerings at the shop.
Extended Zip Rappel Tour Summary:
- Hike a short distance on private rainforest valley trails to a 50-foot waterfall.
- After briefing and demonstration from your guides, you’ll practice your technique down a 40- to 50-foot descent that you can repeat.
- Take a guided rappel off the edge of a 50-foot waterfall cliff, and then a “zip” through free space 80 feet across the canyon over the water with a “splash down” into a deep pool.
- Rappel another waterfall, then take on a 35-foot rock climb up the face of the falls (weather and water permitting.)
- Finish big with a 110-foot dry rappel down the “Savage Ridge,” or repeat the zip rappel, depending on conditions.
- If long periods of heavy rains or severe weather cause high or swift water or raging falls, we modify the itinerary and use rappel stations that are a safe distance from the water course.
- The hike back to the top is a well-maintained trail under a cool canopy of plants, ferns and trees. Use the anchored ropes as handrailings, and stop to rest, take photos and drink water when necessary. You’ll do a total of one mile of hiking with a total elevation gain of about 400 feet.
Special Considerations & Restrictions for Extended Zip Rappel Tour
This activity is intended for participants who are physically fit and are experienced in rugged activities. Please note minimum age of 14; not recommended for those over 65.
Participants must weight between 90 lbs and 230 lbs. Call to ask about the demands of the activity relative to your age, fitness or abilities. Rappel Maui may refuse to honor bookings at tour time if participants are in any way unfit for the activity.
Three tours weekly; subject to availability. See the directions and map to the meeting location. Ask about hotel/resort pickup.